Tuesday 18 September 2012

Just what the world needs, another pill.

Read the story below, and what you'll learn is that this isn't a pill that 'cures' depression, because none of them ever do. No this pill is designed to be taken in conjunction with your anti-deoressant to mitigate the feelings of anxiety that many people feel alongside their depressive feelings.


Crikey, cos we want to double the pharma profits by taking more and more pills never mind the effect all those synthetic unnatural compunds have on our body and mind. Learn how to control stress and curb your anxiety through systems and processes that actually work and don't do you any damage. Try CBT, EFT or Tapping which I can personally attest works marvelously or try Dr Alex Lloyds' The Healing codes, but stop believing the damn pills will help!

Addex partner Janssen Pharma starts dosing patient in phase II study of ADX71149 to treat major depressive disorder

Geneva, Switzerland
Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 10:00 Hrs [IST]
Addex Therapeutics, a leading company pioneering allosteric modulation-based drug discovery and development, announced that its partner Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., has dosed the first patient in a multi-centre, double-blind, phase II study of ADX71149 in adults with major depressive disorder who are also suffering anxiety symptoms.

ADX71149 is a positive allosteric modulator (PAM) of metabotropic glutamate receptor 2 (mGluR2), a Family C class of G protein coupled receptors (GPCR) that is being developed jointly by Addex and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. ADX71149 is also being studied in a phase II clinical trial for the treatment of positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, with top-line data expected in the fourth quarter of this year.

"Dosing of the first patient in this phase II study with ADX71149, in its second indication, continues our successful collaboration with, Janssen," noted Bharatt Chowrira, CEO of Addex Therapeutics. "Both partners are encouraged by the development of ADX71149 to date particularly because there is a significant medical and market opportunity for an innovative approach for treating the anxiety experienced by more than 50 per cent of patients with depression.”

The multi-centre, double-blind, placebo-controlled study to evaluate the efficacy and overall safety and tolerability of ADX71149 (Clinicaltrials.gov ref NCT01582815) will be conducted as an adjunctive treatment to an antidepressant in 94 adults with major depressive disorder with anxiety symptoms. Oral ADX71149 will be administered twice-daily at doses ranging from 25mg to 150mg. Patients will continue to take the same daily dose of their antidepressant. The primary endpoint of the study is the change from baseline in the Hamilton Anxiety Rating scale (HAM-A6) score. Secondary endpoints include change from baseline of several other clinician-administered rating scales designed to assess the severity of depression and anxiety symptoms.

The development of ADX71149 is part of a worldwide research collaboration and licence agreement between Addex and Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to discover, develop and commercialize a novel mGluR2 PAM medication for the treatment of anxiety, schizophrenia and other undisclosed indications. Under the terms of the agreement, Addex is eligible for up to a total of €112 million in milestone payments based on potential development and regulatory achievements. In addition, Addex is eligible for low double-digit royalties on sales of any mGluR2 PAM medication developed under the agreement.

Addex Therapeutics discovers and develops an emerging class of small molecule drugs, called allosteric modulators, which have the potential to be more specific and confer significant therapeutic advantages over conventional "orthosteric" small molecule or biological drugs.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Addex IQ for three consecutive days and broke out in hives all over my body. My throat started to swell. No allergens are listed on label except for Soy, which I a not allergic to... Called the manufacturer and I told them what I was allergic to and the lady said initially there were some of what I mentioned in the pill. Then she told me she never said this and can only give me a 50% refund. I was not asking for my money back. I was just concerned with others having an allergic reaction that could be life threatening. She would not tell me what was in the ingredients for me to figure why I had such a bad reaction. I have been frustrated all my life with knowing I am very intelligent yet my brain doesn't function correctly. I have been diagnosed with ADD, short-term memory, reading comprehension, auditory processing problems and motor control (left handed). Although I have all these symptoms, I achieved graduating with a Bachelors in Economics from UCSC and I am currently taking undergrad engineering courses at the age of 50. My GRE test results for problem-solving was 720 out of 800 and at one point Harvard solicited me to become a student. Just trying to fix my neurons to fire right in my brain and help my body heal with immune disorder. I am not happy with the assistance with the manufacturer who obviously has some cross contamination issues...

    ReplyDelete